Top 3 Creative Hot Chocolate Recipes
The perfect end to any snowball fight, sledding adventure or trip to the ice rink is, of course, a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Warming your hands against a heated ceramic mug and sipping the sweet drink while wrapped up in a blanket will make you fully relaxed after a fun day outdoors. The classic cup of cocoa is always a great treat, but if you're feeling a little more creative, consider giving these recipes a try.
1. Decadent Dark Hot Chocolate
If you like your chocolate thick and dark, this is the recipe for you. It's easy to make, so you can enjoy it soon after coming in from the cold.
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Whipped cream, for garnish.
Whisk together the sugar, cream and milk in your Mr. Coffee® Automatic Milk Frother. Select the warm milk option and let the machine work its magic. When the milk is heated, stir in the chocolate chunks until melted. Pour the mixture into cups, top with whipped cream and enjoy hot.
2. Sea Salt Caramel Hot Chocolate
This recipe is perfect for those times when you want to put a creative twist on your standard packet of hot chocolate mix. It's sure to impress your friends and family.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 packets hot chocolate powder
- 6 tablespoons caramel syrup, and more to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Whipped Cream for garnish.
Grab your Mr. Coffee® Cafe Cocoa Hot Chocolate Maker and combine the milk, hot chocolate powder, caramel syrup and sea salt. Turn the machine on and in minutes you'll have a delicious, steaming mixture. Pour it into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and more caramel drizzle.
3. Minty White Hot Chocolate
If you're looking for a recipe to use up those leftover peppermint candy canes, your search is over. This recipe is a tasty and refreshing break from traditional hot chocolate.
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Peppermint candy cane for garnish.
Combine the white chocolate and milk in your Mr. Coffee® Automatic Milk Frother and hit the warm milk button. When it's finished, stir in the peppermint extract and vanilla. Pour into mugs and top with a generous amount of whipped cream. Use a candy cane for a stir stick.