3 Flavored Coffee Recipes To Share With Your Siblings
April 10th is National Sibling Day, which means it's time to get together with your brother or sister and catch up. Why not take advantage of this unique holiday and invite them over for a cup of coffee. Even if your sibling lives in another state, you can call them up and share a coffee over the phone.
Being that it's your brother or sister, this is the perfect time to try out a new recipe. You can head over to the Mr. Coffee® recipe page to find some delicious beverages or scroll down for some more unique recipes put together especially for National Sibling Day.
1. Iced Caramel Coffee
Caramel coffee is a good choice for siblings day because it combines the sweetness of sugar with the robust flavor of coffee. This drink will remind you of the sweet times you and your sibling shared in the past.
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt.
1. To make the syrup, heat 1/4 cup water, the corn syrup and the sugar in a saucepan. Stir constantly until everything is dissolved.
2. Let the mixture boil for 3 minutes, or until it turns an even, light brown color.
3. Remove from heat, then stir in the remainder of the water, vanilla extract and salt.
4. Pour the syrup into a pourable container and let cool completely before using.
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup.
1. Brew the coffee using the Mr. Coffee® Advanced Brew 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker or your favorite Mr. Coffee® Coffee Maker.. Use more grounds than you normally would so that the coffee is extra bold.
2. Pour the coffee over ice, then stir in the sugar, cream and syrup.
2. Fizzy Cherry Coffee
This iced coffee drink is very refreshing and delicious. It's a great beverage to welcome spring - and who better to share it with than you siblings?
- 1 shot espresso
- 3/4 cup tonic water
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon grenadine.
1. This drink tastes best when made with strong espresso, so be sure to use a machine such as the Mr. Coffee® Cafe Barista to make the perfect shot of espresso.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the espresso, tonic water, rosemary and grenadine. Give it a shake, then pour it through a strainer into a glass of ice.
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee
When you were kids, did you and siblings gobble up your mom's freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? Chances are good that you did. This recipe lets you go back to those days in the form of a delicious cup of coffee.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 shot espresso.
1. In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
2. Pour the mixture into the milk container of the Mr. Coffee® Cafe Barista.
3. Tamp your coffee grounds and insert the porta-filter into the machine.
4. Press the button for latte and let the machine take care of the rest. When it's done, stir in the brown sugar.