3 Romantic Coffee Drinks For Valentine's Day
- Tips and How To's
Chocolate and coffee are like the perfect couple. Each complements the other's taste as they swirl together in a warm mug, like two dancers. This Valentine's Day, combine the sweetness of chocolate with the rich, full flavor of coffee to create some truly romantic drinks. Your someone special will be surprised and delighted with a steaming mug of chocolate-coffee goodness.
On Feb. 14, give one of these delicious coffee drinks a try.
1. Spiked Chocolate Kiss Coffee
After your Valentine dinner, cuddle up on the couch with this late-night coffee drink. It's creamy texture and tantalizing flavors round the evening off to a sweet finish.
- 1 cup coffee
- 3/4 ounce chocolate liqueur
- 3/4 ounce orange brandy
- Splash of coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Chocolate syrup, for topping.
1. Brew the coffee using your preferred method. A drip coffee machine, such as the Mr. Coffee® Optimal Brew™ 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, will work perfectly.
2. In a mug, combine the chocolate liqueur, orange brandy and coffee liqueur.
3. Fill the mug the rest of the way with hot coffee.
4. Top with your desired amount of whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
5. Serve with a kiss!
2. Chocolate Cherry Coffee
Want your Valentine to feel extra special this year? There's no better way to do that than by serving them a delicious chocolaty coffee drink with a ripe, red cherry on top.
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon syrup from maraschino cherries
- 1 splash of cherry brandy, or more to taste
- Whipped cream for topping
- 1 maraschino cherry.
1. Brew the coffee using your preferred method, and fill a mug about three-quarters full.
2. Stir in the chocolate syrup.
3. Use a spoon to extract some of the syrup from the jar of maraschino cherries and pour it into the coffee as well.
4. Add the cherry brandy and give everything a quick stir.
5. Top with your desired amount of whipped cream and place a cherry on top.
6. Serve and enjoy!
3. Rose Coffee
This recipe comes from northern Africa and uses some spices from that region. So if you're looking to spice things up with your coffee-loving companion, this is the drink for you.
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup Turkish-style coffee
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/3 cup rose water.
1. Using your Mr. Coffee® French Press, boil the water and cardamom.
2. Once the water begins to boil, add the coffee and let it brew for 2 minutes.
3. Plunge the coffee, then pour it into a kettle.
4. Stir in the saffron and rose water while the coffee is still piping hot.
5. Serve with a sweet cookie.