Coffee Recipes For The Big Game
Are you ready for the big game this Sunday? At 6:30pm EST, the greatest football game of the year will kick off, and around the country friends and family will gather to cheer on their favorite team. Of course there'll be lots of food and drink to go along with the party atmosphere. So, after you chow down on the appetizers and finger food, brew up a carafe full of rich-tasting of coffee in your Mr. Coffee® Optimal Brew™ 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. The 12-cup machine makes enough coffee for the whole party in one pot!
Once you've got the coffee brewing, bring out some of these delicious dunkers:
It may be a little obvious, but coffee cake is a delicious match for a steaming cup of java. While everyone is enjoying the final quarter of the game, slice up the coffee cake, pour the coffee, and stay awake for the most exciting moments of the game.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 3 egg whites
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sugar.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter.
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together the salt, baking powder and flour.
3. Beat the egg whites into the dry ingredients.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar, then fold it into the other ingredients.
5. Spread the batter into a 9-by-13-inch pan, keeping the surface level.
6. Combine the topping ingredients in a plastic bag and use a mallet to crumble them. Shake the bag, then evenly distribute the topping over the batter.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, and enjoy!
Everyone knows that doughnuts go great with a cup of coffee, but do one better by serving them fresh and homemade. Just be sure there's no rushing and no penalties as your guests charge to the table for this winning dessert.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Flour, for rolling
- 4 cups oil.
1. Combine the vinegar and milk in a bowl, and let sit until the mixture thickens.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Then, beat in the vanilla and egg.
3. Combine both bowls to make a pliable dough.
4. Create a floured surface and the roll the dough onto it. Use a doughnut cutter to make rings. Otherwise, you can roll the dough into small balls.
5. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
6. Using a large skillet, heat the oil to 375 degrees.
7. Fry doughnuts until golden brown, flipping once. Let dry on a piece of paper towel.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!