The Best Coffee Drinks To Serve At Your Golden Globes Party
This year, the Golden Globes will take place on Sunday, Jan. 10th. The awards are a celebration of the previous year's best films and television programs, as decided upon by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Unlike the Academy Awards, which are later in the year, the Golden Globes are generally a little more fun. The host is typically a comedian - this year it's Ricky Gervais, the often politically-incorrect creator of The Office. Also unlike the Academy Awards, the guests typically drink alcohol throughout the night, which adds a little unpredictability to the proceedings. These are the elements you'll want to mimic at your own party.
Set the Stage
Before your guests arrive, you'll want to create an atmosphere that inspires thoughts about TV and film. Of course the centerpiece of the party will be the television set itself, so you'll want to have a lot of chairs and low tables for your guests to use. Unless you're a die-hard fan of the awards, you won't need to decorate too much. However, if your favorite show or movie is up for an award, it could be fun to decorate your living room with things inspired by the piece.
For a fun, alcoholic coffee drink that reflects the atmosphere of the award show, you can't do any better than the cafe brulot. This is a special treat that comes from New Orleans, a town that's known for always having a great time. Always drink responsibly.
- 1 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 sugar cubes
- 3 1/8 inch orange peels
- 3 1/8 inch lemon peels
- 1 cinnamon stick.
1. Using a drip coffee maker such as the Mr. Coffee® Smart Optimal Brew™ 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Wemo®, make a cup of strong black coffee.
2. In a small saucepan combine the liqueur, cloves, sugar, peels and cinnamon stick. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in the coffee, then pour into a small cup and serve.
Golden Globes Coffee
If your guests don't want to get tipsy while watching the award ceremony, brew up a batch of non-alcoholic Golden Globes Coffee. It's golden color will really brighten up the party and get people in the right mood for watching the mirth unfold on TV.
- 1 cup coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch cayenne powder.
1. Grind your coffee beans using the Mr. Coffee® Burr Mill Grinder. Then brew a cup using your preferred method.
2. Pour the coffee into a large mug.
3. Stir in the turmeric, unsalted butter, cinnamon, and cayenne.
These two coffee drinks will really get the party going! For even more great recipes to inspire and enjoy, check out these amazing drinks to share with your friends and family.