Why won’t my Café Frappe turn on?
For your safety the appliance will not turn on unless the blending jar is locked into place. The blending jar can be locked into place by aligning the lock icons located on the bottom of the blending jar to those located on the unit.
Why isn't my Café Frappe brewing coffee?
Make sure the appliance is plugged into a working 120V electrical outlet. Make sure the power switch is turned on. Make sure the water reservoir has water in it. For your safety the appliance will not turn on and brew unless the blending jar is locked into place. The blending jar can be locked into place by aligning the lock icons located on the bottom of the blending jar to those located on the unit.
Why is my drink coming out too runny or too thick?
The following items can all affect the consistency of your drink:
(1) Too much or not enough water being poured into the water reservoir prior to brewing.
(2) Recipe book refers to moon shaped ice. If using small crushed ice then decrease the amount used in recipes.
(3) If warm chocolate syrup is being used then it has a thinner consistency than refrigerator stored syrup.
Why is my blender jar leaking?
If your blender jar is leaking, check the following:
(1) Is the sealing ring over the blade?
(2) Is the bottom cap on tight enough?
(3) Is the jar cracked at the bottom?
(4) Is the bottom cap cracked?
(5) Is the sealing ring missing?
(6) Is the sealing ring cracked, broken or rotting?
(7) Does the item being blended exceed jar capacity?
Why has my blender blade begun to rust?
It is not common for a blender blade to rust. They are made of stainless steel, but if left in water too long they may rust. To avoid rust, carefully dry the blade assembly immediately after washing.
Where do I pour the water when I use my Café Frappe?
The water is to be poured in the reservoir located directly behind the brew basket. Water should be filled to the “max fill” line. Please refer to page 5 of the instruction manual for a diagram.
What type of filter can I use for my Café Frappe?
A 4 cup basket filter (paper or permanent) should be used with your Café Frappe.
Should I use espresso grounds or coffee grounds when making frappes?
Our recipes recommend using espresso grounds to closely reflect the tastes of commercially sold frappe beverages. However, it is perfectly acceptable to use coffee grounds and still create a great tasting frappe.
My blender turns on, but why doesn't the blade rotate?
If the blade is not turning, make sure the jar is seated properly on the base of the unit.