Coffee Drinks To Stay Awake Until New Year's Day
Do you have trouble staying awake until the ball drops in New York City? It seems like every year it can get a little harder and you end up nodding off before the bells ring in the new year. Thankfully, with a little help from your favorite drink, staying up until the new year will be as easy as pie. So invite your friends over and try out some of the delicious coffee recipes.
Champagne is the traditional drink with which to ring in the new year, and this recipe takes that tradition and turns it on it's head. Yes, there's both sparkling wine and coffee in this drink - and it's the perfect combination of flavors to start the new year off right.
- Light roast coffee, brewed
- Rose syrup
- White sugar
- Champagne, chilled.
1. Brew a light roast coffee using your Mr. Coffee® Advanced Brew 8-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker.
2. In the bottom of each champagne glass, pour half an ounce of rose syrup.
3. Drop in a pinch of sugar.
4. Add half an ounce of coffee.
5. Fill the remainder of the glass with champagne. Give it a gentle stir.
6. Gather your friends and give a toast to another great year!
Are your guests looking a little sleepy? This traditional cafe latte recipe will wake them up and keep the party going.
- Whole milk
1. Begin by pouring the milk into your Mr. Coffee® Milk Frother and hitting the latte button.
2. Brew a strong cup of espresso coffee.
3. Pour a half cup of espresso into each cup, then pour a full cup of warmed milk into it. Top with a thin layer of foam and serve. Your party will be buzzing no time!
This treat serves as both the dessert to a great meal and the coffee course. It's sweet, refreshing, and is sure to keep everyone awake.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Sugar, to taste
- Whipped cream, for garnish.
1. Place two small scoops of ice cream into a mug.
2. In a separate glass, pour the brewed coffee and sugar.
3. Pour the sweetened coffee over the ice cream and top with whipped cream. Serve with a spoon.