7 Famous Love Quotes That Are Probably About Coffee
Love, like coffee, gives people an intense feeling of power and comfort. While some people may not be the best at putting these emotions into words, there have been countless authors and celebrities who were able to use their gift of expression to share their thoughts with those who feel the same way. Here are some famous quotes about "love" that are strangely interchangeable with coffee.
1. "To love is to burn, to be on fire." - Jane Austen
Famous novelist Jane Austen was onto something when she spoke of love's burning intensity in the classic "Sense and Sensibility." This phenomenon is experienced by every coffee lover at some point in time. The hasty desire to take a sip of scalding coffee can get the best of even the most seasoned drinker. However, no matter how much burning and stinging felt in the jaw, the positives outweigh the negatives, and will continuously bring you back for more. True love can't be pushed away - not even by a burned tongue.
2. "There is no remedy for love but to love more." - Henry David Thoreau
A talented writer and well-known philosopher, Thoreau was most likely talking about coffee when he discussed "loving" in excess. Those who drink cup after cup of coffee are all too familiar with the elated feeling they get from drowning their mornings in java.
3. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss always did have a way of succinctly phrasing deep intellectual thoughts. Who wants to sleep when they've just drank an entire fresh pot of coffee? Better yet, who even feels remotely tired after drinking coffee?
4. "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
Any coffee lover who spent a day without their favorite brew knows the real meaning behind Wilde's love quote. Dying plants and cloudy skies are just metaphors - and they're used to represent the general malaise felt by those coffee-less days.
5. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
You know who usually sees you at your worst? Coffee. You roll out of bed and probably don't even run a brush through your hair before preparing a cup of your favorite dependable drink. It keeps you going, and as a result it deserves you at your best.
6. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever." - Nicholas Sparks
"Awake the soul?" "Reach for more?" This Nicholas Sparks quote is so clearly about coffee, it's not even necessary to explain. If you're a true coffee lover, you didn't even need us to point that out.
7. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." - A.A. Milne
Who knew this Winnie-the-Pooh quote about pure love could be so reflective of your favorite morning drink? A day without coffee is sad and dark. We can only hope that it's readily available until the end of time.