November's Top 3 Late Night Coffee Recipes
November is the last full month before winter rears its cold and white-bearded head. That's prime time to get in hot coffee mode. Sure, you've been indulging in hot drinks since pumpkin spice season took the country by storm at the end of September, but now comes the real hot drink weather. Whether you use them to entertain your guests or just enjoy them by yourself, these three delicious coffee recipes are sure to delight.
1. Coco-Cocoa Coffee
No longer is coconut a summer flavor. This decadent recipe takes the island flavor and gives it a winterly twist. It's quite a sweet recipe that's reminiscent of candy bars. If you're serving a guest with a sweet tooth, this drink is a sure hit. Try it out at your next late-night party.
- 10 cups brewed coffee
- 1 quart creamer
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, chopped.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Coconut flavored rum to taste
- Whipped cream for garnish.
- First, brew up a pot of your favorite coffee in your Mr. Coffee® Optimal Brew 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker.
- Then, in a saucepan, combine the creamer, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate. Heat on medium heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour in the coffee and whisk until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Now for the sauce. In another sauce pan add the milk, sugar and butter. As it begins to steam, remove it from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla and chocolate. When the mixture is completely smooth, it's ready to pour.
- Grab a mug and fill it up most of the way with coffee. Stir in a shot of rum, then top with whipped cream. Drizzle the sauce over the cream, and serve.
2. Autumnal Mexican Coffee
This recipe is another one that's great for those late night get togethers with the people you care most about. It's a warm drink that still has some of that south-of-the-border feel to it.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Chocolate sauce for topping
- Cinnamon stick for garnish.
- Begin by brewing the coffee in your Mr. Coffee® Electric French Press. All types of roasts work with this recipe, so the choice is up to you.
- Pour the coffee into a large mug, filling the container about 3/4 of the way.
- Stir in the tequila, liqueur, sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Top with a generous amount of whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.
3. Irish Coffee
This old-fashioned treat has been part of the American after-dinner experience for many decades. When you feel like something simple, yet pleasant and relaxing, try this recipe.
- 5 cups brewed coffee
- 5 shots Irish whiskey
- Whipped cream for topping
- Chocolate sauce for garnish.
- Run hot water over your mugs before giving them a quick pat with a clean towel.
- Brew the coffee in your Mr. Coffee® Advanced Brew 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. Any type of roast will do.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the mugs, filling each one 3-4 of the way.
- Fill the remainder of the mug with Irish whiskey.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, and enjoy.
Enjoy these drinks responsibly.