How To Make The Perfect Iced Americano
- Tips and How To's
If you want to make a refreshing, bold-tasting iced Americano at home, try the Mr. Coffee® Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Maker. It's the perfect machine for those looking to make their own espresso and milk-based drinks. The steam method is ideal for coffee lovers making the switch from buying their drinks at a cafe to making their favorites in the comfort of their own kitchen. Not only does this espresso maker produce rich, full-flavored espresso drinks, it's easy on your budget. After all, you shouldn't have to sacrifice quality for affordability. The Mr. Coffee® Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Maker can froth milk and brew delicious espresso in just a few easy steps.
This summer, treat yourself to an unlimited amount of satisfying espresso drinks, right in your own home! Even if you've never made a latte or cappuccino before, your Mr. Coffee® Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Maker will quickly have you making barista-quality beverages. So get ready to sit back and sip a cool and refreshing iced Americano! Just follow the recipe below.
How to Make an Iced Americano
When you're just beginning to make your own espresso drinks at home, this is a good one to start with. It's easy to make, and over time you'll perfect it to the level of a masterpiece.
- Espresso grounds
- Water for brewing
- 6 ounces filtered water.
1. Begin by filling the water reservoir to full.
2. Turn the steam knob until the the light comes on. Allow the coffee maker to warm up.
3. Fill the portafilter up to the 2-cup line. Be sure to use fine espresso grounds.
4. Tamp the grounds using firm pressure. The top of the grounds should be flat and evenly surfaced. Abnormalities in the surface may cause the water to insufficiently draw flavor from the coffee.
5. Make sure the decanter is centered squarely on the drip tray, and check that the portafilter handle is securely attached before inserting it into the coffee maker.
6. Turn the knob to full steam and allow a minute to pass for the pressure build.
7. Turn the knob to brew and let the decanter fill to your desired amount.
8. Fill your glass with ice, then pour in the filtered water.
9. Finally, pour in the shot of espresso, stir, and enjoy!