Tips for Cleaning your Coffee Maker
Whether you're using your Mr. Coffee® Pump Espresso Maker to brew intensely flavorful lattes, cappuccinos and energizing espressos, or your Mr. Coffee® Advanced Brew 8-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker to cultivate conventionally flavorful black javas, keeping your machines as clean as possible at all times is essential. After all, a less than clean coffee maker marked by water deposits and other residue can have a negative impact on the taste of the final product.
Thankfully, cleaning your Mr. Coffee® Pump Espresso Maker or Mr. Coffee® Advanced Brew 8-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is actually incredibly simple. Just follow these surefire tips to ensure that your coffee maker stays clean, germ-free and able to make outstanding coffee beverages.
1. Wipe Down the Front
After each use, grab a cloth or sponge with warm water and soap, or better still a disinfectant wipe, and clean off the exterior of the machine. This removes any splashes of coffee that may have landed on the outside and keeps the machine looking sparkly and new. Also consider adding some polish or window cleaner for an extra shine.
2. Wash Removable Parts
It is important to clean the removable parts as often as possible - ideally once a day or after each use if you have the time. If you are working your Mr. Coffee® Pump Espresso Maker, for example, this means taking out the espresso filter holder, the removable water reservoir and the drip tray. All removable items from the device can be gently washed, using soap and water, to remove accumulation of coffee grounds, as well as water deposits and other impurities. Washing the removable parts every day ensures that your coffee tastes its very best at all times.
3. Conduct a Monthly Deep Clean
Deep cleaning your coffee machine on a routine basis - at least once a month and ideally more - is key to killing bacteria and preventing the development of mold. A deep clean also removes the oil and impurities that can lead to a less-than-satisfactory-tasting cup of Joe. Most home and lifestyle guides recommend the following all-natural approach to deep cleaning your coffee maker:
- Prepare a special natural cleaning substance, made of roughly 50 percent warm water and 50 percent distilled white vinegar.
- Place the cleaning liquid in the removable water reservoir.
- Place an empty filter in the coffee maker and run the machine, allowing the cleaning solution to move through the system.
- Fill a couple of cups with the solution or the pot to around the halfway mark.
- Let the machine take a break - switch it off for between 30 minutes and an hour.
- Turn the coffee maker back on and finish running the cleaning solution through the device until it is all gone.
- Rinse away any excess solution by completing two or three cycles with just water.
Alternatively, for a more comprehensive clean, consider swapping out the vinegar for the Mr. Coffee® Coffeemaker Liquid Cleaner. Designed to clean away dirt, grime and stubborn mineral deposits, this product ensures that your cup of Joe stays as fresh as possible, every time!
And there we go - easy ways to keep you coffee maker germ-free and sparkly clean!