Hooray for National Ice Cream Day!
Here’s the scoop: Sunday, July 18 is National Ice Cream Day (or as we call it here at Mr. Coffee®: The Day of Complete Happiness). It’s the perfect time to indulge in your favorite ice cream, gelato, or frozen yogurt.
Of course, as far as flavors go, we’re partial to coffee—but we like to kick it up a notch. If you need inspiration for melt-in-your-mouth treats, we’ve got you covered. Here are some of our favorite recipes for coffee-flavored frozen delights to help you celebrate National Ice Cream Day.
Start the celebrations with a classic continental treat. When espresso and gelato combine—that’s amore!
- 1 shot of espresso
- 2 scoops of vanilla gelato
- Shaved chocolate
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Brew rich espresso in your Mr. Coffee 4-Shot Steam Espresso Maker. Pour the fresh-brewed espresso over the vanilla gelato. Top with shaved chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
Frosted Coffee Float
Close your eyes and savor each spoonful. This dreamy mix of flavors will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 packet of powdered cocoa mix
- Whipped cream
- Brew fresh, strong coffee in your Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, mix the coffee with cocoa powder, then set aside. Put the ice cream in a tall glass, then pour the coffee-cocoa mixture over it. Top with whipped cream.
Bring some international flavor to Ice Cream Day with this traditional summertime dessert from Deutschland.
- 2 cups iced coffee
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of sugar
- Whipped cream
- Brew 2 cups of iced coffee in your Mr. Coffee Iced™ Coffee Maker, then mix the ice-cold coffee, evaporated milk, and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to chill. Put 1 scoop of ice cream each in 2 tall glasses, then pour the chilled mixture over it. Top with whipped cream.