Button light pulses
- Unit is heating up
- Unit is brewing/frothing/cleaning
Button Light remains illuminated
- The specific brew function is ready for use.
Button light flashes
- Water Reservoir is empty
- Function selected before unit is ready
Cappuccino and Latte Button lights do not illuminate
- Milk Reservoir is not fully inserted in unit. Be sure to firmly push in the milk reservoir to fully insert.
Cup Icon lights illuminate
- Indicates your brew selection
Please follow the below steps:
- Check to make sure that the red plug found at the bottom of the water reservoir is removed. Follow sticker to where plug is located.
- Ensure that the unit has been primed prior to first use. Please review the instruction manual.
- Ensure the unit is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Check to ensure there is water in the water reservoir.
- Remove the porta-filter and thoroughly clean the filter to ensure that it is not blocked.
When unpacking your Mr. Coffee® Café Barista, make sure you check all of the packaging inside of the box. If you are still missing any parts, please contact us..
- Ensure the Froth Control Knob is turned to the Cappuccino or Latte setting.
- Ensure there is milk in the milk reservoir.
- Ensure the Frothed Milk Dispensing Tube is cleaned and aimed toward the center of your cup.
- Ensure that the milk reservoir is fully locked into place.
- Ensure the Froth Control Knob is turned to the desired setting (Cappuccino or Latte).
NOTE: The Latte setting produces the least amount of froth and the Cappuccino setting produces the most amount of froth. The type of milk that you use can also produce varying amounts of froth. For best results we recommend whole or 2% milk as it will produce the best quality froth with slightly less volume. Soy, almond, or non-fat milk will produce higher volume so use a lower froth setting to avoid cup overflow.
- Make sure the correct filter is being used with the correct corresponding setting. The single shot (1-cup) filter should be used for small drinks and the double shot (2-cup) filter should be used for large drinks.
- Ensure proper espresso grinds are being used.