For your safety the appliance will not turn on unless the blending jar is locked into place. The blending jar can be locked into place by aligning the lock icons located on the bottom of the blending jar to those located on the unit.
The following items can all affect the consistency of your drink:
(1) Too much or not enough water being poured into the water reservoir prior to brewing.
(2) Recipe book refers to moon shaped ice. If using small crushed ice then decrease the amount used in recipes.
(3) If warm chocolate syrup is being used then it has a thinner consistency than refrigerator stored syrup.
If your blender jar is leaking, check the following:
(1) Is the sealing ring over the blade?
(2) Is the bottom cap on tight enough?
(3) Is the jar cracked at the bottom?
(4) Is the bottom cap cracked?
(5) Is the sealing ring missing?
(6) Is the sealing ring cracked, broken or rotting?
(7) Does the item being blended exceed jar capacity?